Am I Allowed to Claim My Children as Deductions on My Taxes?

  • The custodial parent will normally have the right to claim their children and exemptions.
  • Through contractual agreements, the parties can agree to a different structure, allowing for parents to alternate years to claim the child as an exemption or split the exemptions.

If you are in need of legal counsel, please contact The Penichet Firm and we will be happy to assist you in your family and criminal law matters.